A case study is a tool that is used to get information or gather knowledge of a research topic. Case studies are mostly used to get detailed information, mostly in the fields of social sciences, business studies and life sciences.
The main purpose of any case study is to investigate. There are two main kinds of case studies. One is for business studies and the second type is for academics.
In the case of business studies, case studies serve the purpose of a detailed analysis of a company or group of companies.
When it comes to business studies, a case study is not only used for the analysis or gathering the information. It is also used to develop strategies to resolve any issue.
Do you need some instructions for writing a case study? Here is a guide that will help you write a case study in an effective way.
- Mention the objectives and purposes of your study. It will make it easier for readers to understand the purpose of your case study. This will not only help readers but you as well.
- You can make a checklist of your objectives and see if the results of your case study were according to the purpose of your study.
- The purpose of your case study should be clear to all the participants involved in the study. Make sure everyone understands why do you want to conduct the study and what purposes you want to achieve from it.
- Organize a meeting with other participants before starting your case study.
- Organize all the research material, questionnaires to be used and previous records so that every participant has complete information before you start with the examination.
- All the participants should be aware of the investigation procedure. The examination should be done according to the set procedure.